I had the pleasure of attending Planting the Seeds of Veteran Agriculture webinar yesterday, hosted by SoCalVBOC. They covered a variety of topics, and provided knowledgable panel speakers who spoke honestly about their experiences farming, struggles and successes along the way, and how therapeutic animals/farming can be after military service. Below are some of the organizations and resources they shared during the call.
- Agriculture Economic Forecast
- Agriculture Finance Panel
- Agriculture Resources Panel
- Best Practices Panel – Experienced & new farmers/ranchers share ideas, challenges, solutions and their vision for the future
Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) Program– offers resources to veterans who are interested in starting or growing a small business. You can visit our local SBDC in Hilo & Kona. Call and make an appointment today!
Services Provided by the Centers:
- Pre-Business Plan Workshops
- Concept Assessments
- Business Plan Preparations
- five-year business plan
- Comprehensive Feasibility Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Training and Counseling
National Farmers Union- Beginning Farmer Institute
SCORE Business Mentor Services www.SCORE.org
Farmer Veteran Coalition- www.FarmVetCo.org
If you would like to learn more about local, state and federal programs that might be available or would like help navigating the system, please let us know. Weʻre here to help!
Letʻs get growing!