Intro to Grow: Module 2 – Organic Farming
Find out everything you need to know about our Intro to Grow: Module 2 – Organic Farming module by checking out the details below!
ℹ️ Module Overview
💻 Zoom or Online Meeting Info
📚 Description & Resources
Intro to Grow one-day workshops provide an introduction to Ho’ola Farms organization and programs, along with a hands-on demonstrations of basic organic farming principles.
Attending an Intro to Grow workshop is a requirement for signing up for one of our 4-week Groundwork to Grow trainings.
- The upcoming Groundwork to Grow workshop on Beekeeping will be reviewed, and interested participants will be encouraged to apply.
- Participants will meet at the GoFarm Hawai’i demo garden for an introduction to basic organic farming concepts
- Compost and Humus
- Nursery Planting, Direct Sow, and Companion Planting
- Plant Identification
- Harvesting, Storage, Seed-saving and propagation
- We will review the Farm-to-car Market program for producers and customers.
📍 Location Details
Hoʻōla Farms Market Garden, GoFarm Hawaiʻi
The Hoʻōla Farms Market Garden includes two plots on the GoFarm Hawai’i Farm site just North of Hilo.
Crops grown here are sold at the Hawai’i Farm-to-Car Market.
Tara channels passion for sustainability and experience in design and event management into making our programs a success.
Our programs are conducted in accordance with federal, state, and local safety guidelines, including COVID-19 protocols. Participants and site visitors are required to:
- Observe social distancing whenever possible.
- Bring a mask and wear it over your nose and mouth while in enclosed spaces.
- Wear closed-toed shoes and bring sun protection—educational programs only.
- Complete a liability waiver—educational programs only.